Saturday 9 July 2016

Eid Part 3: The Decor | Lifestyle

As I mentioned in one of my past blog posts, breakfast and supper happened at my home this Eid. That meant my mum and I were super busy getting everything done.

My mum and I are nowhere near professional caterers, but we always try our best to get our decor looking as cute as possible. It's a joyous occasion and it's only fair we try to make it as enjoyable for everyone else.

For our morning tables, we originally had a gold and turquoise theme in mind. That did, however, change to pastel blues with cute little paizley prints. We kept it simple since it was a buffet-style meal. Simple white square plates (which we purchased forever ago) completed the table along with some simple white cups and crystal glasses. Pretty cake stands and cute cutlery completed it.

Evening: For the evening, we went all out. Stunning reds, purples and copper tones were the colours of choice. Mirror underplates, silver and white dishes and crystal goblet glasses filled the table. Candle-lit lanterns and flower arrangements completed the look. In my opinion, the rich colours and beautiful glassware made it special.
The flower arrangements were done by me. It was the first time I'd ever played around with flowers, but I was super happy with the results!

 
 
 


 I hope you enjoyed this Eid series. Don't forget to check out @StyleUnboxed on Instagram.

Xoxo
Raeesa

No comments:

Post a Comment