Thursday 7 July 2016

Eid Part 1: The Clothing | Fashion

This may sound utterly insane but I absolutely love shopping for clothing. And so almost always, my outfits for Eid are bought even before Ramadhaan begins. Don't get me wrong, Eid isn't just about clothing, it's so much more than that. Fashion and clothing are just things I love and that's why for me, Eid is a day I can dress up.

For years my Eid wardrobe has included an abaya (an Islamic robe-like garment) in the morning and more dressy clothing in the evening. This year was no different.




 Morning: Pictured above is the abaya I wore on Eid morning. It is something I designed myself a few months ago and thought Eid would be the perfect time to use it. The outer robe is made from a creme-beige satin while the inner dress is made using a traditional abaya fabric in a similar colour. The scarf is from a store called Arabica and I knew the second I seen it that it would look gorgeous with this particular outfit. For my shoes, I decided to use something from my cupboard. The nude heels were bought from Woolworths a few months ago.




 Evening: With it being the middle of winter and me almost always freezing, I knew a coat was necessary. I bought this particular one (along with a few gorgeous others) from Yasmeen's Boutique (find her gorgeous page on Instagram @yasmeensboutique23). Underneath, an inner top from Woolworths and a skinny pants from H&M. The ankle boot is also from Woolworths. For my scarf, I decided to use something from my cupboard that I purchased a few months ago.

Remember to see @StyleUnboxed on Instagram for more Eid pics and more! Also, look out for a full and more in-depth review of my coat from Yasmeen's Boutique as well as a few other goodies I picked up from her!

Xoxo
Raeesa

No comments:

Post a Comment