Thursday 30 June 2016

Face Masking: Part 2 | Beauty

Home-Made Face Masks



 It's okay to not want to go out and buy face masks- sometimes they can be quite expensive and the choices can be overwhelming. Not to worry though, there are always home recipes that have been tried and tested to reap great results!

1- Lip Exfoliator
If you're a lover of liquid lipsticks (which I'm sure you are), you'll know that they can be extremely drying. I personally have quite dry and chapped lips, which can be quite a nuisance. I believe that exfoliating your lips at least once a week can work wonders in getting rid of the dryness. I also believe that applying a lip balm is essential.
For years, I've been exfoliating my lips with the same home-made exfoliator. It's extremely easy, quick and affordable.
Mix together some sugar, honey and/or olive oil. Once (maximum twice) a week, vigorously apply the mixture into your lips, leave for approximately one minute, and then wipe off with a damp cloth. I usually apply a lip balm after to really soften my lips.

2- Under-Eye Facial Mask
As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I have horrendous "bags" under my eyes. It is partially a genetic problem, since my mum, gran and aunts all suffer from the same problem. I do get enough sleep, more than enough actually. For those of you who don't though, try to get in at least 8 hours of sleep every night as this does help with dark circles.
For my under eye area, I simply apply some rose water on a cotton pad and pat it onto my skin. I leave it to dry for 15 minutes before rinsing with cool water. Try to do this everyday to help reduce dark pigmentation.
P.S. Rose Water has many great benefits for one's skin and can be applied all over the face. It is something I do regularly and highly recommend.

3- The Acne-Preventing Face Mask
I'm lucky to have been blessed with relatively good skin. I don't generally suffer with acne. I have included a great face mask for those of you who are acne-prone. I really hope this helps!
Combine 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 banana. Form a paste and apply to the skin. Let it set for 10-20 minutes and then rinse off with cool water.

4- The All In One Face Mask
Sometimes I want to be extra-pampered and treat multiple areas of my face at once. This face mask is perfect for that! It's so simple and easy, and tackles a mountain of problems.
Crack open an egg and separate the egg whites from the yolk. Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to the egg whites and mix well. Then, add 1/2 tablespoon of honey to the mixture and again mix well. Apply the mask to your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Using lukewarm water, rinse the mask off and pat dry.
P.S The egg yolks don't have to go to waste- you can use them for something else- like the mask below!

5- The Nourishing Face Mask
Everyone wants moisturised and nourished skin and this face mask delivers exactly that! It's so easy, and really packs a punch when it comes to healthy, glowy skin.
Peel a banana, cut in small pieces and mash it up. Add it to the yolk of one egg and mix well. Then, add in 2 teaspoons of olive oil and again mix well. Apply the mask and leave on for about 15 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.

There you have it! A few of my favourite home-made face masks to help you achieve flawless skin. Remember to assess your skin first to see what your problem areas are. Also, it is important to repeat the facial mask treatment, since results don't just happen overnight.

Look out for the next post where I'll be sharing some of my favourite store-bought face masks!

Xoxo
Raeesa

No comments:

Post a Comment